I am assuming I couldn't be the first one to do this, but by accident I deleted the wrong partition and am stuck turning my laptop on only to start GRUB and possibly go into rescue mode... which does nothing it seems. Then again I am new to this and should not have been messing with it in the first place. How can I go back to windows 7?

Looking at previous posts about this already I will note some things...
1) I used the full hdd
2) I did not have a recovery disk beforehand as I didn't care for anything on the laptop (wasnt thinking about the OS though)
- Downloaded windows 7 and created a disc though just in case
3) followed a thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...d+partition+OS... to fix bootloader and to get out of GRUB
" - bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
  • Now close the two windows and click "Restart." Take out your Windows DVD and hopefully, you will be left with your Windows bootloader."

That worked but I restarted it and it almost went into a dual boot like state where I could pick between debian and windows 7. I choose windows 7 went to the disk I made which shows 0MB partitioned (there is 3 gigs worth of stuff on that CD I don't get it?) Clicked continue anyway just to see what would happen. went into startup repair and it said "Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically"

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: -1
Problem Signature 05: ExternalMedia
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: CorruptBootConfigData
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Thanks for checkin out the post!