Thread: Youtube videos play in Firefox but not Chromium

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Youtube videos play in Firefox but not Chromium

Using firefox to watch youtube videos is fine. But if I try to watch some of the same videos using Chromium, I get the flickering white-noise like picture and the text "This video is currently unavailable". This doesn't happen with all youtube vids, just some. Chromium version is Version 32.0.1700.107 Ubuntu 12.04 (32.0.1700.107-0ubuntu0.12.04.1~20140204.866.1). Example url of an affected video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_noiiFR2IU. Using Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit.

Interesting action I saw posted on another site: if I want to watch a non-working video, I can click to watch a working vid, then click the back button to the original vid, which will then play normally!! V weird. And an annoying workaround.
    Last edited by t0p; March 5th, 2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: To add "workaround" and specs
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans

Re: Youtube videos play in Firefox but not Chromium

adobe has stopped support for linux, switch to chrome for linux as they have their own version of flash built in