I have some basic idea about the file system since i studied about it a bit , but only recently have i started using ubuntu .
I am a little puzzled about the file system as i have forever been a windows user in the past.
1. Are there no volumes in this OS?? I find it hard to imagine the whole OS being indexed w/o them .
2. Is there some place i can learn what each folder in the computer folder does ??
Onto the more nooby questions :
1. How do i put direct shortcuts on the desktop ?? I have only been able to create folders on it and save files in the folders nothing more .
2. My knowledge of the grub is very limited and google isnt giving me good results , so can someone please link me to some good webpage that could help me ??
3. Could you suggest me some must have softwares??? The software center was very useful , but i wanna know if i missed something .
Thanx in advance.