Thread: WoW (wine 1.7.13) crashing after character selection during load

Beans

WoW (wine 1.7.13) crashing after character selection during load

Hey guys! Right before I got rid of Windows 8 I copied my WoW folder and placed it under /home/brandon/. With the help of a community member I was able to get my graphics card working as well. When I open WoW it runs beautifully. It looks just like it did on Windows (the right resolution, etc.). I can log in, and see my characters. After I click one of my characters the loading screen will come up and get near the end (~95% maybe?). After that it just hangs and eventually crashes. I've tried the two following commands and haven't had any luck quite yet:

Code:
    wine /home/brandon/WoW/Launcher.exe
    Code:
    optirun wine /home/brandon/WoW/Launcher.exe
    I've also tried using Wow.exe instead of Launcher. Lastly I also changed my gxApi setting under /WoW/WTF/Config.WTF too as suggested in another thread:

Code:
    SET gxApi "OpenGL"
    Still no luck! I would greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thank you very much!

2t6h82K.jpg
    Last edited by AlwaysRemind; March 5th, 2014 at 06:18 PM.

Beans

Re: WoW (wine 1.7.13) crashing after character selection during load

SOLVED: Sorry guys after a little more hunting I found out that the issue is because of Wow-64.exe. All I had to do is rename this file (Wow-64old.exe) and then just run Wow.exe with wine (wine /home/brandon/WoW/exe) and it was perfectly fine.