Thread: Super Sensitive Laptop Mouse Pad

Beans

Super Sensitive Laptop Mouse Pad

Hello All...
    Is there a code to get into, and adjust the mouse pad settings on a laptop? Windows has this functionality, does Ubuntu 13.10?
    Thanks for the help

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Super Sensitive Laptop Mouse Pad

There is a package called tpconfig that is supposed to provide some sort of configurability for a touchpad, but I have never used it so I couldn't tell you if it would help you or not.

If you want to install it:

sudo apt-get install tpconfig

Beans

So I ran the commands and installed, but what happens now? I dont see anything different?
    Thanks for the help

Beans

I have the same issue on my Dell laptop. However, I despise the touchpad interface and use a mouse instead. However, if you've installed the utility program as suggested, you can access the help file by using:

Code:
    man tpconfig
    Enjoy.

Artie

Beans

Ran the "man tpconfig" but never really found what I was looking for...Thanks though

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

My 13.10 PC with cinnamon DE has under preferences/mouse & touchpad settings. There should be something comparable in Unity
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:

Beans

This works for mice, and while getting the settings for my mouse I noticed my trackpad settings, so a similar senario should also help your trackpads - though you will have to experiment...

http://patrickmylund.com/blog/loweri...n-ubuntu-9-10/

Beans

this is interesting, the problem with my mouse pad, is not the speed of the pointer, this is fine. The problem is the sensitivity level, It is so sensitive to the touch, it is basically useless because no matter how "light" of touch, the movement of ones finger makes the pointer miss the target completely. On the patrickmylund blog, I found the area of adjusting the pointer speed, but not the sensitivity level. Did I miss it?
    The settings in mouse and pointer allow for pointer speed, but nothing for sensitivity levels. I have installed Unity Tweak, but I don’t see a sensitivity level there either.
    Thanks for the help

Beans

I think that depends on what you get as a result from
    Code:
     xinput --list --short
    In any event, good luck.
    scott

Beans

I also really need help with this...