Thread: installer not recognizing partitions

Beans

installer not recognizing partitions

Attempting to do new install of LXLE and at getting to the part where you decide where to install, the installer is not recognizing any of my 4 partitions.

Beans

Re: installer not recognizing partitions

Quote Originally Posted by shady2 View Post
    Attempting to do new install of LXLE and at getting to the part where you decide where to install, the installer is not recognizing any of my 4 partitions.
    Shade, again, please post your questions in the lxle forums as you usually do for lxle specific support questions.

Beans

Re: installer not recognizing partitions

I am thinking that considering the amount of traffic in the LXLE forum I may not get sufficient help. Will try searching there. Basically the problem could stem in windowsxp, so might start there. Seems for some reason that when I do "fixboot" I get message like "the target partition is X" and it is always the wrong one. I know my winxp is I:. It wants to go in wrong place.
    Someone at the LXLE forum say "xp will not srart automatically when dual booting with Linux". Is this not wrong?? All the reading I have done suggests that setting xp to default (start auto if no selection is made) is possible.

THANKS !!!!!

Did fix the install process not seeing partitions. Not the usual way. Went to Windows and moved partitions slightly.
    Now after installing LubuntuXLE windows doesnt boot.
    Last edited by shady2; March 1st, 2014 at 05:46 AM.