Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please put prefix when posting new thread.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Please put prefix when posting new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug S View Post
    Seems to me that there should be a [Server] prefix available.
    There is a Server Platforms sub-forum, we assume if you post there, you are posting about a server.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    There is
    Sorry. I couldn't see it before.
    I was going to post to Ubuntu+1 because my issue was with the trusty daily. Anyway, and luckily just before actually posting, I figured out the issue is my problem.
    Any follow-up information on your issue would be appreciated. Please have the courtesy to report back.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Doug S View Post
    Sorry. I couldn't see it before.
    I was going to post to Ubuntu+1 because my issue was with the trusty daily. Anyway, and luckily just before actually posting, I figured out the issue is my problem.
    There wasn't then ...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    There is a Server Platforms sub-forum, we assume if you post there, you are posting about a server.
    I do post to the server or virtualization forums, when those are relevant.

Where should a post on audio issues on a box with NO Ubuntu-based GUI at all? The audio devices disappear and reappear after a reboot then disappear again. This is according to aplay -l. Sure, it is "server", but ... none of the GUI solutions that tend to be offered are useful. I think it is a bad driver or failing hardware - can't tell yet. It all started after a recent kernel update. Not asking for help here, just pointing out that there are always exceptions when only the "distro" prefix is used. We are ALL DIFFERENT from most computer users after all, just by running Linux.

When I try to help with answers, avoiding the different GUIs is my preference. Much easier to ask them to open a terminal and run commands to get the answers - copy/pasted here - and not waste bandwidth with images. Asking for the output from sudo parted -l is much easier than asking for a very large image of a gparted screenshot so the details can be seen.

Of course, I'm probably in the 0,5% minority.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12