Thread: My pc is lagging a lot after updates?

Beans

My pc is lagging a lot after updates?

When i started up my computer it showed me up that it needs to make some updates i did the updates and after that my pc is whole lagging and the problem is i dont know how to unistall the updates.

here is the list of what it installed :
    http://i.imgur.com/695sFtx.png
    Last edited by TheUninvited; February 28th, 2014 at 03:35 PM.

Beans

Re: My pc is lagging a lot after updates?

Was a time when I would remove ubuntuone as it caused lagging.

Its in that listing .......... but could not tell you for certain that it is ubuntuone ............

sudo synaptic

Have a search on ubuntuone and see what you can do from that .......... just a case of uninstalling by
    ticking the box and then choosing to uninstall it ........ ( but that is only if you were not previously using it )

It can be re-installed again using the same method - if that is not the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

First of all you are not using the development branch of Ubuntu and this part of the forums is strictly for development branches.

Secondly looking at your packages you have Unity 4.30 which is very old. The 12.04 LTS have Unity 5.20 and development branch have Unity 7.1.2.

You should always post the version of Ubuntu that you are using. You can check it in "About computer" or using terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and this command.

Code:
    lsb_release -a

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mateusz Stachowski View Post
    First of all you are not using the development branch of Ubuntu and this part of the forums is strictly for development branches.

Secondly looking at your packages you have Unity 4.30 which is very old. The 12.04 LTS have Unity 5.20 and development branch have Unity 7.1.2.

You should always post the version of Ubuntu that you are using. You can check it in "About computer" or using terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and this command.

Code:
    lsb_release -a
    I did as you told me it showed me up this:
    Code:
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
    Description:	Ubuntu 11.10
    Release:	11.10
    Codename:	oneiric
    So is there is any new version of it where can i get it?

But now it works fine i did some upgrade on something but i still get support for my version has stopped.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post

But now it works fine i did some upgrade on something but i still get support for my version has stopped.
    Yes the version that you are using isn't supported anymore. Support for Ubuntu Oneiric Ocelot was officially ended on 9 May 2013.

If you have your system fully updated then it should offer you upgrade to 12.04 LTS which is a Long Term Support release (five years of support).

There are settings in "Software & Updates" for actualizations by default it is set to display every new version of Ubuntu. You can also use this command in terminal to force the upgrade.

Code:
    sudo update-manager -d

Beans
    Distro

Or. , if you want to experiment with development you can download the current development cycle here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

and you can use StartupDisk Creator to put the .iso on a bootable USB stick. (atually, the putting of the .iso on USB stick makes it bootable).
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Thread moved to General Help.

I'd not get involved in development versions unless you're really sure you want to.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Well, you shouldn't have to use the command line to get update manger to show you an upgrade release option.
    If you simply launch update manager, you should have an option to upgrade to 12.04LTS up on top.
    If you don't, then go down to where it says settings and click on that button.
    This will open up the windows for the software sources.
    In here, go to the tab for Updates.
    Towards the bottom of updates is a selection for Notify for new release.
    Make sure that is marked for either LTS releases or any releases.
    When marked, close the software sources windows and back in Update Manager click on check.
    This should reload the page, and hopefully an option for Release Upgrade across the top.

Of course, secondary( and probably a more common solution) would be to go to Ubuntu.com and download a fresh copy and do a reinstall/fresh install.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

alright thank you very much for your time for answering my questions i appreciate it!