Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu can't see shared folders of windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by oleg8 View Post
    I copy output of terminal command
    Code:
    smbtree -d3
    . But I don't understand where I have to paste it. What's you mean " the advanced editor formating icons". May be it is stupid question. But I am just beginner.
    When you are replying to me you are using the editor. In the advanced mode there are a series of formatting icons at the top. Look for the one that is the # icon. Click on that and past the information in the editor between the code blocks and send it to me.
    -BAB1

Beans

Hi,

I have the same sharing issue but on Windows 8.
    I have a Dell notebook which network adapter has stopped working. I thought that using linux should solve part of the problem and i was right. Using a liveUSB with Ubuntu 13.10 the network adapter works just fine.
    I want to backup the files to another PC with Windows, with enough space, but i could not set up samba to share the files properly. This PC sees the folders but cannot access them.

I also tried to run ubuntu via liveUSB on both notebook and PC, but they could not even see each other.

Is there a way to solve this?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdolis View Post
    Hi,

I have the same sharing issue but on Windows 8.
    I have a Dell notebook which network adapter has stopped working. I thought that using linux should solve part of the problem and i was right. Using a liveUSB with Ubuntu 13.10 the network adapter works just fine.
    I want to backup the files to another PC with Windows, with enough space, but i could not set up samba to share the files properly. This PC sees the folders but cannot access them.

I also tried to run ubuntu via liveUSB on both notebook and PC, but they could not even see each other.

Is there a way to solve this?
    If you can't share with a Windows to Windows situation I doubt that Samba will help you. Samba is an Open Source application that works just like Windows sharing.

I won't be able to help you much with your Windows to Windows problem, but I am curious about it. What is not working with Windows sharing?
    -BAB1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12