Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failed download base system Lubuntu from Mininimal Install in 32 bit non PAE laptop

Beans

Failed download base system Lubuntu from Mininimal Install in 32 bit non PAE laptop

Hi,

I am trying to install lubuntu in a ten year amilo laptop using ubuntu minimal iso from a cd. The only possibility is to install Precise Pangolin (12.04) 32 bit non PAE, as the computer doesn't support PAE. (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lu...MinimalInstall)

Everything goes ok until I have to choose the archive mirror for downloading the base system from. I select my own country, Spain, and doesn't download anything at all, the computer freezes... Same with other servers.

Any idea of how can i fix this issue?

Thanks,

jorge

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Failed download base system Lubuntu from Mininimal Install in 32 bit non PAE labt

Are you using wired internet access?
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Re: Failed download base system Lubuntu from Mininimal Install in 32 bit non PAE labt

No, i am using LAN

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

LAN is fine, but as you probably read in the link in your original post the connection has to be wired.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

I have tried with wired networking but I am sure that the LAN network works fine as I introduce other mirror manually and it gets an error... when i select my own country it just freezes

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I am not sure I understand what you are writing. Do you say that other mirrors work?

Beans

I think i'll send you images from the process. They are chronological

And then i press enter and the computer freezes and do nothing

Hope this helps. I am a farmer, ubuntu user trying to fix an old computer.

Thanks

Beans

Just like this

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Failed download base system Lubuntu from Mininimal Install in 32 bit non PAE lapt

- and if you try a random selection of foreign mirrors...?

Beans

Re: Failed download base system Lubuntu from Mininimal Install in 32 bit non PAE lapt

I already tried it... many mirrors
    Even if i point to other alternative mirrors (ie.universities), still "violet" screnen, like ubuntu.uc3m.es

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast