Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't configure Realtek driver for Edimax EW-7811Un?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Can't configure Realtek driver for Edimax EW-7811Un?

7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]
    As you may already know, the correct driver for this device is rtl8192cu. It appears in the alias list in the driver in Ubuntu 13.10:
    Code:
    $ modinfo rtl8192cu | grep 7811
    alias:          usb:v7392p7811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
    Since the driver exists in Ubuntu 13.10 and, hopefully, claimed your device, my question that I ham-handedly posed a few posts ago remains. What was it about the driver rtl8192cu that's built in to Ubuntu 13.10 didn't work for you? What was it that motivated you to look for and install a different driver?
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Re: Can't configure Realtek driver for Edimax EW-7811Un?

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    As you may already know, the correct driver for this device is rtl8192cu. It appears in the alias list in the driver in Ubuntu 13.10:
    Code:
    $ modinfo rtl8192cu | grep 7811
    alias:          usb:v7392p7811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
    Since the driver exists in Ubuntu 13.10 and, hopefully, claimed your device, my question that I ham-handedly posed a few posts ago remains. What was it about the driver rtl8192cu that's built in to Ubuntu 13.10 didn't work for you? What was it that motivated you to look for and install a different driver?
    Now I see. Yes, the pre-existing driver was not working in the way it should have. I'd put in the adapter and it would detect my network, but it refused to connect.

I have since fixed this problem. I re-installed ubuntu, only during the installation this time it had an internet connection via an ethernet cable. Afterwords, I put in the adapter again, and it worked perfectly fine. My guess is it never installed certain things it needed to operate.

Oh well. Thanks for the help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12