Thread: Smart Join Carrier Advisory Group for Ubuntu Touch

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thumbs up Smart Join Carrier Advisory Group for Ubuntu Touch

Via OMG Ubuntu:
    The Philippines’ largest mobile network has joined the Carrier Advisory Group for Ubuntu Touch.

Smart Communications, Inc., reported to have nearly 57 million GSM network subscribers, is thus far the only Philippine operator to join the group.

The CAG aims to provide mobile networks with a forum in which they can ‘advise and influence’ the development of Ubuntu for Phones. Members also gain early access to launch plans.

Vodafone announced its participation in the group in early February.

“Ubuntu’s entry to the mobile phone market is definitely exciting,” Smart’s chief wireless advisor said. “We see this as an interesting opportunity to help bring mobile innovations quicker to the market, lower access barriers and provide more choices in terms of apps and devices.”

‘Our goal to bring the mobile Internet to every Filipino’, the spokesman added.

Smart’s membership bolsters an already impressive list of carriers, both regional and international. Other operators include Three, T-Mobile, Verizon and China Unicom.
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/02/p...untu-phone-cag
    I am a Man of Truth. I am a Free Human Person. I am a Peacemaker.
    ** Independent Multimedia Artist in Pasig **

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Smart Join Carrier Advisory Group for Ubuntu Touch

I was actually saving up for a Nexus phone, but then stumbled upon articles on how closed an Android ecosystem really is. So my savings will actually go to a Meizu phone. I just hope Smart does release it here.