Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot copy-paste in new EXT4 partitions

Beans

Re: Cannot copy-paste in new EXT4 partitions

So /media/Usa is not one of your new ext4 partitions - it is an NTFS partition that is explicitly mounted read-only (ro) - possibly because they are part of a dual-boot Windows system that you don't want to accidentally mess with

Your ext4 partitions appear to be mounted at /media/FENICE1 and /media/FENICE2

Code:
    /dev/sdb6                                  /media/Usa       ntfs  nls=iso8859-1,ro,umask=000  0  0  
    /dev/sdc1                                  /media/IDE       ntfs  nls=iso8859-1,ro,umask=000  0  0  
    /dev/sdb1                                  /media/FENICE1   ext4  defaults                    0  0  
    /dev/sdb5                                  /media/FENICE2   ext4  defaults                    0  0  
    /dev/sda4                                  /media/NTFS      ntfs  defaults                    0  0  
    /dev/sdd                                   /media/VERBATIM  ntfs  defaults                    0  0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yes, but I would like the NTFS patitions not to be read only. Could this be done?
    In any case the NTFS partition containing the Windows OS is not even mentioned in the list, and is not automounted at boot, so I guess it should be safe

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Issue solved, I just modified the fstab file as follows:

/dev/sdb6 /media/Usa ntfs defaults 0 0
    /dev/sdc1 /media/IDE ntfs
    defaults 0 0
    /dev/sdb1 /media/FENICE1 ext4 defaults 0 0
    /dev/sdb5 /media/FENICE2 ext4 defaults 0 0
    /dev/sda4 /media/NTFS ntfs defaults 0 0
    /dev/sdd /media/VERBATIM ntfs defaults 0 0