Thread: First page in Google Chrome is stored where?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question First page in Google Chrome is stored where?

When I fire up Google Chrome, I want my own designed page to show where I can add dozens and dozens of links to all the sites I need to access at least once a week.

Can anyone give me some idea in the directory path this page is stored, together with the file name?

It's great to personalise the page and one can group all the links in one's own interests. For example, I'd use groups such as:

Information Technology
    Politics
    South Africa
    Investing
    Suppliers
    Friends

to give you an idea of how useful this can be.

Ampers

Ampers Taylor - AmpersUK on Twitter - ampers on Skype - Web www.ampers.me.uk

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: First page in Google Chrome is stored where?

I don't use Chrome, but I do use Chromium and I guess it's sufficiently similar for this to work.

Go to Settings. There's an 'On start up' section, choose the option 'Open a specific page or set of pages'. That presents you with a box where you enter the URL for the page you want to start with.

For a page that is stored on your computer as an .html file (i.e. not a web page on the internet) enter the URL as follows:

file:/// followed by the full path to the file. So, for example:

file:///home/john/folder_name/another_folder/filename.html

Hope this helps
    John

Beans

Re: First page in Google Chrome is stored where?

Just to add that you can also set that page (your local html file) to be your home page. And to get the correct path, have that file open in another tab so that you can just copy/paste the url into the relevant field.