Thread: Blu-Ray UDF 2.5 burning coasters

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Blu-Ray UDF 2.5 burning coasters

I've spent the last few hours reading, searching, and getting confused. Before i start making expensive coasters, i want to know if UDF 2.5 burning is supported. I've followed the instructions posted here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CdDvd/Burning and replaced wodim with cdrecord. But from what i read this only enables me to burn data to the BD-R disc that can be read on the computer versus an authored BD-R to play in a player. If a blu ray player follows specs, it is looking for a UDF 2.5 disc. Is all this correct?

Any help is appreciated. If you are wondering the purpose of all this, i have downloaded various "Demo" discs from Audio/Video forums that people have compiled with various clips to demo their video and sound setups. I'm attempting to follow the directions forum members provided (assuming windows). They suggest using imgburn and to burn as UDF 2.5. Before i start going with Wine and attempting this, i'm trying to stay with k3b or alternatives.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Blu-Ray UDF 2.5 burning coasters

Quick update. I found a link to download Nero from their website, when after installing includes a 1 month trial. This appears to be the only way to burn UDF 2.5 disc. And it worked like a charm for what i needed, but i'm keeping this open looking for additional info on the topic. Plus, i don't see using a discontinued product as a viable solution.

Maybe i'm asking the wrong questions, tagged this thread incorrectly, i'm open to suggestions. So here's a quick BUMP. All the info i've found is old/closed threads, old blog posts, ect... When OS, hardware, and software moves a blistering paces, I'm assuming much of the info i found is outdated.

What is the best way to burn UDF 2.5 (blu ray video) discs that are compatible with blu-ray players? And any additional info on the topic.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Blu-Ray UDF 2.5 burning coasters

I'll be honest with you...Nero For Linux is the only app I've had near flawless success with burning BD-R's.