I am having some issues with 1920x1080 monitor connected with DVI and Xorg/fglrx
I've been using xubuntu with my old 1440x900 monitor for couple of months, and I had no problem. Old monitor was connected using vga/d-sub cable.
But yesterday I bought new 1920x1080 monitor, it's connected via DVI and I have some issues...
1. After I boot up system Xorg is crashing and I have no cursor, window manager doesn't work, there is no desktop background, context menus doesn't work, "applications menu" doesn't work either
2. Cursor now is visible, but I still have no desktop, no context menus, and all applications starts in this small area on top left corner:
3. Now to fix all issues In ccc I go to "Display Manager" I switch to any resolution (let's say 1600x900), then I switch back to 1920x1080
I have to do it every boot Any ideas how to make it pernament or how to fix it?
- I am using xubuntu 13.10, kernel 3.11.0-15-generic, AMD Radeon HD 6670, fglrx 13.101.
- I am using only one monitor.
- I reinstalled xfwm4, xubuntu-desktop, fglrx, xorg-*, tried dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg, no change.
- My xorg.conf (autogenerated, I haven't done any edits to it) http://paste.ubuntu.com/6925697/
- xrandr -q http://paste.ubuntu.com/6925686/
- Xorg log http://paste.ubuntu.com/6925701/
- Ubuntu live cd works ok...
- I want to keep fglrx, it gives me major performance boost in 3D games. Without fglrx things are more messy anyway
Any help would be appreciated Thank you