Thread: Right click not working in Firefox 27 for Ubuntu 13.10

Beans

Right click not working in Firefox 27 for Ubuntu 13.10

Ever since I applied to update to Firefox 27 from 26 in my Ubuntu 13.10 (which I run on a Mac using Parallels Desktop 9), I don't get a right-click menu to pop up when I right click. This is particularly annoying in Facebook, which is hard to use without right-clicks. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? If I have to, how can I go back to the previous version of Firefox?

Beans

Re: Right click not working in Firefox 27 for Ubuntu 13.10

I closed all of my Facebook tabs and restarted Firefox, and right-clicking started working properly for me. One of the pages I closed was a web forum that uses a Facebook social plugin for streaming and inputting comments via Facebook. Maybe that's what was causing the problem. In any case, this question is resolved for me - for now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Right click not working in Firefox 27 for Ubuntu 13.10

Quote Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
    I closed all of my Facebook tabs and restarted Firefox, and right-clicking started working properly for me. One of the pages I closed was a web forum that uses a Facebook social plugin for streaming and inputting comments via Facebook. Maybe that's what was causing the problem. In any case, this question is resolved for me - for now.
    Just be aware that it is possible for someone to block right-click on their page or site with javascript.