Thread: Installed flash, but with menus unresponsive

Beans

Installed flash, but with menus unresponsive

So I installed flash player using this command: $ sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
    And everything was fine, but when I needed to confirm a site to use my mic, the menu it showed was not reacting no matter where on it I clicked. Then I right-clicked and chose 'settings', but the new menu wasn't reacting either. I'm talking about this menu:

It was just like a background image, with clicking on any buttons or anything having to effect. Other sites using flash such as youtube run fine. How to fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Installed flash, but with menus unresponsive

It is a known problem, either use the desktop based settings manager (if it is available to you, depends on how you installed flash; search for 'flash' in the dash to find it), or the web based one (google for 'flash settings'; you might need to unblock it in Firefox.)

Hope that helps.

Beans

Re: Installed flash, but with menus unresponsive

This is a bug that affects only Unity apparently. The Ubuntu devs claim that it is a flash bug and adobe is not updating flash so that's that. But somehow it works on other DEs. The workaround in Unity would be to go to adobe's site and change the settings there.
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager06.html