Thread: WMV playback using GECKO is blocky and no sound, Using Lucid and ATI graphics

Beans

WMV playback using GECKO is blocky and no sound, Using Lucid and ATI graphics

Hello Community,

NEED to watch WMV files for study, i have been scrolling through google results for a solve to this problem, and have so far removed Totem and installed Gecko media player. the wmv file downloaded into new window all fine, but the playback quality is very poor ( blocky, pixelated, no clue what im watching, ) and with NO SOUND at all... I am running LUCID on stock standard CQ401 with ATI radeon graphics.
    I would really be glad to get this working asap, as i am required to watch a whole bunch of media clips for online study .

I have not posted on forum before, so excuse my newbie ness .. i am very good at following instructions, and can upload what information you need to diagnose this computer with some directions

thankyou

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: WMV playback using GECKO is blocky and no sound, Using Lucid and ATI graphics

Lucid 10.04 has reached end of life, no longer supported. Maybe you would be better off installing 12.04 before trouble shooting this. Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu; depending on your computer specs.