Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: File Sync Error ( auth failed (AUTH_FAILED))

Beans

Re: File Sync Error ( auth failed (AUTH_FAILED))

Sorry, seems it didn't fix my problem. Back to square one. I tried closing down my subscription and starting a new one but that didn't work either as it took me to my original subscription. I think I will stick with dropbox as it just works.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Seems you are not alone. I have same problem after Ubuntuone working well for two years. It now fails with this same error from both my ubuntu machines and my windows PC. My account all seems to be correct, I have reinstalled certificates, double checked clocks, stopped & restared ubuntu one, and reloaded the app on the windows machine. I'm awaiting a response from the help desk and will post back anything I learn

Beans

I'm using saucy 64-bit, and had exactly the same issue. Ubuntu One had been working absolutely fine for months, and then suddenly I get an AUTH_FAILED error. I tried all sorts of things, including de-authorising the machine from the web interface, changing my password, and re-installing the certificates. Nothing worked.

In the end, what *seems to have* worked is loading seahorse, removing the Ubuntu One entry, then starting Ubuntu One and going through the registration process again. The first time I started Ubtuntu One, this didn't work - it hung on 'Gathering information' until I killed it. But, when I started Ubuntu One after that, it seems (so far) to be fine.

Very odd that this should happen for no reason whatsoever. I'm sure this is affecting other people, I'd be interested to know the reason.

Beans

I'm getting this also on 13.04. Been working fine since original install and suddenly a few days ago it packed up. Exact same error and now files are no longer sync'ing.

I've tried removal of the U1 client through the software centre, reboot and reinstallation generating new certificates but no joy. The U1 client shows my local device as a known device and also reports it through the web UI. It's picking out my paid subscription also so that aspect is all working. I just don't know why I'm getting this (auth failed AUTH_FAILED)) error with the client.

Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

My suggestion would be to leave a message at https://one.ubuntu.com/help/contact/

Note that they don't seem to be the fastest at responding.
    Please, people, remember to BACKUP before you install that new system. Same if you're upgrading.

Beans

Sorry, turns out the problem still persists. So I am back to square one. Don't really know what I can/should do next. One the Ubuntu One web page, even the FAQ

Beans

Sorry, still not syncing so will wait and see if Ubuntu fix. Seems to me that it is a bug in their system. I have tried everything suggested to no avail. Patience is the key. Or dropbox.

Beans

Angry Re: File Sync Error ( auth failed (AUTH_FAILED))

I've had this File Sync Error ( auth failed (AUTH_FAILED) for about a month now. I've reset the clock, reinstalled certificates, reinstalled Ubuntu One, checked my storage capacity on Ubuntu One, and made sure my account is current and active. Nothing has corrected the problem on the desktop application of Ubuntu One. I've sent several email support questions to Ubuntu support but never get a reply except an auto-response they will get back to me. I can only conclude it's a bug on Ubuntu One's end. Guess will have to find another storage option - at least for now. Super annoying!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12