Thread: Tri-boot Mint 15, 16 & Ubuntu -> dual-boot Mint 16 & Ubuntu but mint 15 still in grub

Beans

Tri-boot Mint 15, 16 & Ubuntu -> dual-boot Mint 16 & Ubuntu but mint 15 still in grub

Hi all,

I recently had Mint 15 on my laptop but I wanted to upgrade so I just created a new partition and installed Mint 16 and copied all my documents. Then I decided I wanted to try Ubuntu 13.10 so I created another new partition and installed it there so I ended up with a Tri-boot system.

Then I deleted the Mint 15 partition, but it still shows up in the Grub menu. How do I delete it from the Grub menu?

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Tri-boot Mint 15, 16 & Ubuntu -> dual-boot Mint 16 & Ubuntu but mint 15 still in

Boot into the system, that 'owns' grub. It is probably the system that you installed last, Ubuntu.

Run
    Code:
    sudo update-grub
    which should scan the partitions for available operating systems and make entries in the grub menu for those found (and not for the one you removed).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Tri-boot Mint 15, 16 & Ubuntu -> dual-boot Mint 16 & Ubuntu but mint 15 still in

-------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans

Thanks sudodus that worked!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    Boot into the system, that 'owns' grub. It is probably the system that you installed last, Ubuntu.

Run
    Code:
    sudo update-grub
    which should scan the partitions for available operating systems and make entries in the grub menu for those found (and not for the one you removed).

Thanks that worked!

Beans
    Hidden!

You are welcome

Please click on Thread Tools at the top of the page and mark this thread as SOLVED