Thread: Exaile collection rescan doesn't see my music folder

Beans

Exaile collection rescan doesn't see my music folder

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LST on a Gateway NV59, RipperX 2.7.3, and Exaile 0.3.2.2 installed from the official repository.

All hardware seems to be functioning tickety-boo and nearly everything I need is working so the basic installation is sound.

Exaile does play sound and responds to the mouse and keyboard multimedia keys so everything seems to be OK. The problem must be with me. I used RipperX 2.7.3 to rip several CDs into my Music folder in my home folder. I have bang and pounded on Exaile and somehow, I do not know how, I got 1 CD to actually be recognized. All tracks are in mp3 format and it plays fine. I used the edit/preferences to repoint Exaile to the correct directory and issued a rescan collection more times that I can remember. No joy.

I get the below rather often:
    Playback error encountered!
    No URI handler implemented for "cdda".

What am I missing?

Beans

Re: Exaile collection rescan doesn't see my music folder

Hi, does anybody know how to solve the error message " URI-handler for cdda missing" on Ubuntu 12.04?
    Any hint is apriciated.

Beans

Re: Exaile collection rescan doesn't see my music folder

Hey,

The latest version of Exaile is 3.3.2 and it works perfect. I'm on 12.04 LTS 64 bit. If you use the same disto I can share my *.deb file that was build from the source.