Thread: A10-7850k + R7 250 with dual monitors?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

A10-7850k + R7 250 with dual monitors?

This is a shot in the dark but... Has anyone got any change with this setup?

I can't seem to launch Ubuntu Live CD, either Trusty (14.04) or Saucy (13.10). Whenever I click Try Ubuntu it hangs and the screen flickers. The only way I could manage to do it was DISABLING the internal GPU, thus using only R7 discreet card, then the live cd would boot up completely and finish install.

But then, I switched driver to fglrx, enabled the internal GPU on the bios again, got the second monitor sort of working (it wasn't the wide desktop thing). When I rebooted after turning on Xinerama the system freezes after login. I can't neither open another terminal on CTRL+ALT+F1.

On recovery mode tried uninstalling, reconfiguring xserver, and installing fglrx 13.30 that I had downloaded previously, next boot it didn't reach the login window.

I think I'll try another round of installs tomorrow, and try to figure out how to activate the second monitor without Xinerama.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: A10-7850k + R7 250 with dual monitors?

Good luck. Be aware that this sub-forum is for 14.04 reports only. If you need help with any other release please post in the regular forum areas. 14.04 is still testing, not released until April, and if you don't want to be a tester, don't install it. Stick with a released version.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: A10-7850k + R7 250 with dual monitors?

Yes, I know this sub-forum is for 14.04, that's the reason I'm posting here.

I don't mind being a tester, I've done it in previous versions. And with this hardware it seems I don't actually have an option.

This is probably a video driver issue, but I could help test anything and/or provide logs if necessary.