Thread: Steam In-Home Streaming BETA

Beans
    Hidden!

Steam In-Home Streaming BETA

So I just got an e-mail that I am in the Steam In-Home Streaming beta and I just streamed Skyrim from my wife's Windows 7 PC to my Ubuntu box and it worked very well.

Anybody else get in and what are your thoughts on this technology?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Steam In-Home Streaming BETA

Not yet, but I'm patiently waiting for my email!

I watched this video the other day and I was pretty excited for it for all the possibilities.
    http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/5...ed-las-s30e07/

Being someone who doesn't do much PC gaming it won't be too beneficial, but I think this is a great move to convergence and I really like the ideas that are brought to the surface in the video I linked. I don't think this will have much of an impact on the user base for Linux since it's easier to dual boot rather than having two PCs set up.
    "Ignorance is short-lived, and knowledge is forever."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Interesting, but I've been playing Skyrim via PlayOnLinux for some months now...

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

i haven't gotten the email yet either. DARN IT. lol

it's a really awesome idea IMO. so if you already own a beast machine in your man cave but really wanted to bring the gaming out to your living room you'd be able to accomplish this goal with a modest linux box hooked up to your family room tv running steamos. AWESOME or even play a really demanding game but on a laptop........OUTSIDE. EPIC

Beans
    Hidden!

Haven't had much time to play around with it yet but was playing some Mortal Kombat today... no noticeable lag of any kind... video delayed by +-40ms and input by 9ms... against typical internet delays of >150ms it is heavenly...