Thread: install team speak 3 aka ts3 on ubuntu 13.10 64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

install team speak 3 aka ts3 on ubuntu 13.10 64bit

Hi, just reviving some posts that I've seen and youtube vids that actually didn't work for me

-download team speak 3
    -install the .run file by simply typing the name of the file with a ./ in front of it
    -example: ./teamspeakfile.run
    - I would do this in the terminal and cd Downloads, then ls to see the file name you want
    -highlight the file name and copy
    -type ./ in the console and paste the file name afterwards and install BOOM you got team speak 3
    - launch and right click the icon in the left of the launcher panel and lock launcher

Happy team speaking.
    I have not messed with the overlay though in linux it does not appear to be installed by default I'll play with that later

Beans

Re: install team speak 3 aka ts3 on ubuntu 13.10 64bit

hey thank you for your time you put into this post, I am a extreamly new Ubuntu user using 13.10. i downloaded the teamspeak file but i am having issues understanding how you accomplished the install. I opened the Terminal and did /cd Downloads hit enter then i typed ./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.0.13.1.run but it gave me a Permission denied error so i added a "sudo" to it typed my password when asked for it but it gave me a command not found error. If you could clarify for me alittle what it is that i am doing wrong i would be greatly appreciative.

Beans

Re: install team speak 3 aka ts3 on ubuntu 13.10 64bit

I typed :sh TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.0.14.run
    it worked for me and i use Ubuntu 13.10
    I downloaded Teamspeak3 x64
    first i
    cd Downloads
    then i just placed sh instead of ./
    hope it helps