Thread: diablo 3 ubuntu 13.10 and nvidia

Beans

diablo 3 ubuntu 13.10 and nvidia

hy there

i am new to ubuntu, i swtiched because of windows TDR -.-"

the problem i have is this

i installed play on linux, installed diablo 3 adn run it.

everything worked like a charm.

but even if i have the settings to play it with full screen with a resolution of 1920x1080 it is windowed :S and that is not good.

and after a few seconds of playing the game stops and the computer freeze and i have to reboot it the hard way.

direct rendering: Yes
    GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect, GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture,
    GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_draw_indirect,
    GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_multitexture,
    GL_EXT_direct_state_access, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_EXT_draw_instanced,
    GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect, GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture,
    GL_ARB_draw_indirect, GL_ARB_draw_instanced,
    GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_multitexture,
    GL_EXT_direct_state_access, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_EXT_draw_instanced

i have an nvidia gtx 650 TI with this drivers
    ovidio-X58-USB3 kernel: [ 14.421041] NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module 319.32 Wed Jun 19 15:51:20 PDT 2013

and the same thing happes with dota2 from steam

i installed steam, dota2, and when i try to play it, it takes me to the champ selection and it freezes.

any help?

Beans

Re: diablo 3 ubuntu 13.10 and nvidia

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Thread moved to the "Wine" forum.

Beans

Re: diablo 3 ubuntu 13.10 and nvidia

I have been playing Diablo III since shortly after it was released with only a few minor problems, mostly caused by Blizzard updates.
    I have a GeForce GTX 465 and nvidia-304 driver.
    Code:
    [~]$ dpkg -l|grep nvidia-
    ii  nvidia-304-updates                    304.108-0ubuntu1                              amd64        NVIDIA binary Xorg driver, kernel module and VDPAU library
    ii  nvidia-common                         1:0.2.83                                      amd64        transitional package for ubuntu-drivers-common
    rc  nvidia-current                        295.40-0ubuntu1                               amd64        NVIDIA binary Xorg driver, kernel module and VDPAU library
    ii  nvidia-current-updates                304.108-0ubuntu1                              amd64        Transitional package for nvidia-current-updates
    rc  nvidia-settings                       295.33-0ubuntu1                               amd64        Tool of configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver
    ii  nvidia-settings-304-updates           304.88-0ubuntu2                               amd64        Tool for configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver
    rc  nvidia-settings-updates               304.88-0ubuntu0.2                             amd64        Tool for configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver
    Only thing I would suggest is make sure you are using the correct and updated nvidia driver. I also think it is suggested you run winecfg and set Diablo III.exe to run in Windows 7 environment.
    I have winecfg set to run Diablo III.exe with these graphics settings checked
    Allow the window manager to decorate the windows
    and
    Allow the window manager to control the windows