Thread: debuild on x86 vs. arm ?

Beans

debuild on x86 vs. arm ?

Hi,

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 on both x86 and ARMv7 (armhf). I need to install Xenomai, and doing so from source (2.6.3) I downloaded it and acted according to http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/Bui...ebian_packages. The odd thing is that debuild prefectly on x86: I get the packages that I need. Then I try on ARMv7, and debuild ends in error that it can't create certain directories. Then finding the "debuild -aarmhf" option, I decide to cross-compile, but I end up with a build-log and no packages . I asked at Xenomai, but they have no solution other than patching debuild. Can someone please help me out ?

Thanks.

Addition: using "debuild -eCROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabihf- -aarmhf -uc -us" on x86 for armhf results in the same error that I get on native building on armhf.
    Addition 2: using "debuild -eCROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabihf- -uc -us" on x86 for armhf results in the build of i386 packages. So apparently there is something wrong with debuild for armhf.
    Last edited by hvn2; January 31st, 2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Additional info