Thread: Where are key-sequence settings in dconf?

Beans

Where are key-sequence settings in dconf?

I was doing some testing for the new proposed 'gnome-tweak-tool' and I encountered an unrelated problem:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gn...307/comments/6

Looks good here. In Ubuntu GNOME Trusty I tested the new build in the standard gnome shell, gnome classic, and flashback w/metacity sessions.

Then in Ubuntu I tested the new package in the standard Unity, flashback w/metacity, and flashback w/compiz sessions.

No problem at all but I suppose one could argue that 'gnome-tweak-tool' is not the optimal tool for tweaking Unity???

I did encounter an unrelated problem while testing Unity - if the key sequence for killing X is changed then the logout button does not seem to respond properly. There is no difference in which version of 'gnome-tweak-tool' is used to change that sequence though. I'll follow up on that ASAP.
    So I've been poking around in dconf but can't find what I'm looking for

The plan is to install a fresh Ubuntu, then edit the key sequence for killing X w/o adding any packages to see if I can break the logout button

Beans

Re: Where are key-sequence settings in dconf?

The location of that 'option' has moved from org.gnome.libgnomekbd.keyboard options to -
    org.gnome.desktop.input-sources xkb-options
    (- 'terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp'

While I haven't used in 14.04/unity, in 13.10 killing X in unity could produce some unexpected behavior when logging back in.
    (nothing to do with breaking log out, more about running a root file browser in the session *after* killing X

So here I don't use 'kill x' though have returned ctrl+alt+delete to it's previous behavior of starting a log out instead of the opening system monitor nonsense.

Beans

Re: Where are key-sequence settings in dconf?

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    The location of that 'option' has moved from org.gnome.libgnomekbd.keyboard options to -
    org.gnome.desktop.input-sources xkb-options
    (- 'terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp'

While I haven't used in 14.04/unity, in 13.10 killing X in unity could produce some unexpected behavior when logging back in.
    (nothing to do with breaking log out, more about running a root file browser in the session *after* killing X

So here I don't use 'kill x' though have returned ctrl+alt+delete to it's previous behavior of starting a log out instead of the opening system monitor nonsense.
    Thanks, I'll poke around a bit and see what I can figure out