Thread: Apparmor profile for Thunderbird?

Beans

Apparmor profile for Thunderbird?

Hi there,having been using Apparmor for a while,I was wondering if specific profiles for Thunderbird do exist:given the possible exploits served via email (come to that,here's the last I've read about : http://thehackernews.com/2014/01/moz...erability.html ),to curb some possible exploit attempts it would look logical to me to also enforce some policies for Thunderbird.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Apparmor profile for Thunderbird?

I've looked high and low for such a preconfigured profile but could only find ones that were years old. Afraid you'll have to spin your own.

The vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions (24.2.0) of Thunderbird, and users are highly recommended to upgrade as soon as possible.
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.

Beans

Alright,still my original question remains:are there any already made apparmor profiles for Thunderbird that you can grab,if nothing just to have an idea of what you need to put in a custom profile?

I wouldn't mind having a look even at old stuff,again just to get the hang of it:writing my own profile isn't going to be easy,on the other hand I've once tried to use aa-genprof for a non-standard Firefox installation and there was almost nothing in that profile.

Beans

There are some old (2009) ones here: http://bodhizazen.net/Tutorials/aa