Thread: Member id confusion / old tutorial II

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Member id confusion / old tutorial II

@coffeecat
    Just wanted to let you know that I was able to log in to my old account, and that http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2202313 is now resolved. Guess you can delete my 1888628 account.

Thanks for deleting the email address and for your help in this matter!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Member id confusion / old tutorial II

Thanks for letting us know. I'll disable the duplicate account. Let me know by pm if and when you want the tutorial closed.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Let me know by pm if and when you want the tutorial closed.
    I can't send PMs since that function is turned off on my account and I don't seem to have access to turn it on.

Anyway, for now I'll just add a note that the tutorial is deprecated together with a link to the new one.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

If you wish, you can re-enable pm's in your own control panel from the settings link at the top of the page.

Thanks for adding a note to the tutorial. I've gone ahead and closed the thread with a closing note repeating the link to the CustomizeGuestSession page. If, by chance, you ever need to add a further edit to the OP, you can ask for us to temporarily re-open the thread by using the report post button on your first post of the thread to send a message to the staff area and someone will do that for you.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

If you wish, you can re-enable pm's in your own control panel from the settings link at the top of the page.
    Yes, today it seems to be possible. Thanks for giving me back the access to customize my account.

I've gone ahead and closed the thread with a closing note repeating the link to the CustomizeGuestSession page. If, by chance, you ever need to add a further edit to the OP, you can ask for us to temporarily re-open the thread by using the report post button on your first post of the thread to send a message to the staff area and someone will do that for you.
    Excellent! Better than just dropping it, since that would break links out there.