Thread: Member id confusion / old tutorial

Beans

Member id confusion / old tutorial

Hi!

A few years ago I wrote the tutorial Customize guest session using the member number 1126240. After the migration (probably my mistake) I somehow got the member number 1888628, so now I can't edit the tutorial. Consequently my first request is that you please map my login name gunnarhj to the old member number. Then I'd also benefit from my old posts.

OTOH, time goes by. For a time there has been a copy of the tutorial at the Ubuntu community help wiki, but it has just been deprecated and replaced by a completely rewritten tutorial on the same topic. I feel that it may be time to simply remove the tutorial from ubuntuforums.org.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Member id confusion / old tutorial

I have moved this from another section and PMed gunnarhj.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; January 28th, 2014 at 08:20 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

With regard to the older account, Gunnar Hjalmarsson, you need to set the preferred email in your Ubuntu One account to match the one registered to that forum account. There were two emails, both with "gunnar" in the domain, one to register the account in August 2010, and then you changed it to another with the same domain in the October of that year. If you can remember the one that is currently associated with the Gunnar Hjalmarsson acccount, set this as preferred in Ubuntu One and then post back to confirm this, after which we'll disassociate this account from Ubuntu One so that you can log into the Gunnar Hjalmarsson account.

If you can't remember which is the current email address for Gunnar Hjalmarsson pm me, and we'll take it from there. We simply need you to identify the registered email as a security check.

As far as the tutorial is concerned, once we've helped you log into Gunnar Hjalmarsson, you'll be able to edit it. If you want us to close it then, that's fine. As far as the latest community help wiki page is concerned, if you want to promote it here on this forum, a good place is the Community Wiki Discussions sub-forum. You might want to start a thread there from the Gunnar Hjalmarsson account.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Thanks for your quick reply!

Based on the info you provided, I suppose that the address for the Gunnar Hjalmarsson account is <snip>, so I just made that address my preferred one in Ubuntu One. Will relogin and see what happens.
    Last edited by coffeecat; January 28th, 2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: removed email address

Beans

No success; I still end up at the new account with u=1888628.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by gunnarhj View Post
    No success; I still end up at the new account with u=1888628.
    I have to disassociate this account from Ubuntu One first, which I have now done. With the email set as preferred in Ubuntu One that you posted, log in again and you should do so to the Gunnar Hjalmarsson account. I've edited out the email address from your post - harvester bots crawl this website.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.