Thread: XFCE + xrdp = trashed desktop theme and settings

Beans

XFCE + xrdp = trashed desktop theme and settings

Someone please help me. I'm running Mint 16 XFCE (based on Ubuntu) and have a 100% fresh install that I'm trying to set up as a Remote Desktop terminal.

If I log in locally, everything is great and the themed XFCE looks like it is supposed to, but if I log in with the same user account with RDP via xrdp, the first time I sign in it asks me if I want the default XFCE environment and it reverts to a 100 percent default XFCE look. If I go back to a local sign in, it is now trashed there also. I can delete the ~/.config/xfce4 folder and then log back in locally and the full theme is back.

If I just "go with it" and spend the time to configure xfce once it has been trashed, then it really gets weird. If I select the style and icon themes from the appearance utility, it doesn't change anything in RDP, but if I go back to a local sign in, I can see that it changed to the Mint stuff.

It is like some component necessary to display certain things isn't getting started when I log in via RDP. Anyone have any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: XFCE + xrdp = trashed desktop theme and settings

Moved to Other OS/Distro Support.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Re: XFCE + xrdp = trashed desktop theme and settings

There are some known issues with xfsettingsd over VNC/RDP e.g.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/41178...-to-missing-xi

I don't understand your issue well enough to know if they might be related, but that would be my starting point