Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HOW-TO Install VAG-COM using Wine

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW-TO Install VAG-COM using Wine

Hi,

I just want to report that for me USB VAG KKL 3rd party cable works under Ubuntu 10.04 and VAG 311.2

Linking the device under ~/.wine/dosdevices does the trick. However the device is /dev/ttyUSB0 in my case. Not /dev/usbTTY0 like writen in previous posts.

EDIT: not for long however. I was able to get info about modules, check errors, etc for a while... During usage however I got communication errors. Linked com1 port become inaccessible every time I tried to use VAG-COM. At the beginning re-connecting usb cable results with another device like /dev/ttyUSB1, ttyUSB2 and so on. I had to link again and it worked for about a minute.
    Last edited by tamashumi; July 12th, 2011 at 12:12 AM. Reason: seems that it does not work

Beans

Hi Guys, I'm trying to get VCDS-Lite with a FT232R generic cable to work on Mac OS X.

I've been following this thread and trying out a lot of different things and I still can't get it to work properly.

Right now VCDS-Lite via Wine can detect the cable and the car when using the "Test" button under Options. But once I try to go into one of the controllers, it gives me a message saying "Cannot connect to the Controller"

Not sure if this matters but when I use the "Test" button, it does say that the latency is poor, so I'm thinking the cable is responding slower that it needs to.

I tried setting the Baud Rate and Latency Timer using this:
    http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Docu...c%20Driver.pdf

I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions on what I can try?

Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by johnrunsubntlnx View Post
    Hi Guys, I'm trying to get VCDS-Lite with a FT232R generic cable to work on Mac OS X.

I've been following this thread and trying out a lot of different things and I still can't get it to work properly.

Right now VCDS-Lite via Wine can detect the cable and the car when using the "Test" button under Options. But once I try to go into one of the controllers, it gives me a message saying "Cannot connect to the Controller"

Not sure if this matters but when I use the "Test" button, it does say that the latency is poor, so I'm thinking the cable is responding slower that it needs to.

I tried setting the Baud Rate and Latency Timer using this:
    http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Docu...c%20Driver.pdf

I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions on what I can try?

Thanks
    What is the car you are trying to connect?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jaripetteri View Post
    What is the car you are trying to connect?
    it's a 2003 Audi A4. And I know both my car and my cable works since I have VCDS working on an older winxp laptop that I have. But that laptop is so old and so slow so I'd like to use my macbook air instead.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by johnrunsubntlnx View Post
    it's a 2003 Audi A4. And I know both my car and my cable works since I have VCDS working on an older winxp laptop that I have. But that laptop is so old and so slow so I'd like to use my macbook air instead.
    If its V6 engine those are sometimes difficult to get connected. Since OBD is using non standard baud rate (10400) it is not possible to make exact that via serial port but very close. So we are playing with tolerances. If you have working environment and you change something it may not work any more.

There are couple thing you may try thought. You could try older VAG-COM v.311.2 its a bit slower and more tolerant. Put latency on 6ms or even to 0ms.

Another, try to put start baud to 9600 on VCDS/VAG-COM setting.

Try connection while your car engine is running.

Or its something else you are facing there...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123