Thread: Cannot burn or rip cd's/dvd's

Beans

Angry Cannot burn or rip cd's/dvd's

Ok so I bought this s76 laptop around a year ago. its a lemur ultra (model lemu4). I've been looking everywhere, trying different programs, rhythmbox, furius ISO, Brasero, nothing works. I can play cd's/dvd's just fine but I can't rip or burn them. I've tried looking and I cannot find any drivers for this player I have but nothing works, which is rediculous because I payed a lot of money for this can someone help me out and tell me what else I can do to fix this.

Whenever I try to submit tickets on system76's website, I get a blank page and their operators are off all weekend so I can't call them.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Cannot burn or rip cd's/dvd's

May I suggest that you borrow a friend's external CD/DVD burner to attempt to find out if this could be a hardware issue? If you can burn with the external drive, then it becomes an issue of deciding whether or not your internal CD/DVD burner is correctly detected. Hopefully, someone else here can suggest how.

Have a look at: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CdDvd/Burning
    Reminder: If you start a thread asking for help with a problem, please remember to use the Thread Tools to mark the issue as "SOLVED" once you have a solution. This will help other people with the same problem when they search for answers.