Thread: Android phone stopped loading up in ubuntu?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Exclamation Android phone stopped loading up in ubuntu?

Ok, So back in September I upgraded my cell phone to an android 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro and up until recently whenever I hooked it up to my laptop it would connect as an external device. However, recently I've been tinkering around a bit with creating a native android application for my website and my phone no longer appears as a connected device, although it still charges through the usb port and I can't really make any changes to the applications unless I can test it on my phone. I know it's not the usb port because I have an android tablet running ice cream sandwich and it will still connect just fine (it's an off brand coby kyros tablet). If somebody could help me rectify my problem, I would be greatly appreciative!
    Working is good for your soul and your wallet! But video games are just fun to play!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Android phone stopped loading up in ubuntu?

Ok, with help from my local at&t store I got it working again let the coding resume! Turns out what had happened was the phone somehow got switched to Camera (PTP) mode which is code for charge only mode and wasn't prompting me to choose between that and mtp or mass media storage mode. So, the guy at at&t, what he did to remedy the situation was remove the battery cover and after powering off the phone he removed the battery. Then he held the power/lock button in for 10 seconds and promptly put the phone back together. At which point it worked just fine. What he told me is that removing the battery and holding the power/lock button in will clear the phone memory. I hope this helps anybody who receives the same annoying problem with their android device.
    Working is good for your soul and your wallet! But video games are just fun to play!