Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: request old PC or Laptop

Beans
    Hidden!

request old PC or Laptop

Dear All Ubuntu Users,
    I have lost my Laptop and as well as PC in the matter of Processor few months ago. I have tried to repair/purchase but they are higher than what I expected and I am unable to.

I am here to request you that if any body having more than one laptop/CPU and if you are not using it ,please help me with it.no matter how old it is , If it can run Ubuntu ,thats enough for my requirement.

If you want to help me please PM me , i will give my address. I can bare postal charges.

Thank you all.

Beans

Re: request old PC or Laptop

You could probably buy a used raspberry pi for $20.

Beans
    Hidden!

I have no idea about that , just now i have seen it & i am not sure it can suit my lappy or pc.

I am limiting text because i am from mobile.

Thanks for the reply.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I wish I could help you out, if you have a liveCD or USB, I know you can get cheap desktops and laptops on Ebay, but you have to watch out and read the details careful. I seen a laptop under 10$ on their earlier, but no hard-drive and no battery or charger cable. (Shipping was cheap too.) so you might look into that, I was looking in the 512 MB range though, but you can get desktops a bit cheaper with about around a Gig of Ram, something like 30-40$ and if no hard drive even so cheaper. (shipping will run you about 30 though.) so you might look on there if you can not find one here.

Also friends you may know with a "Broken" laptop, might really just need a new OS put on, so look intot hat too.
    Proverbs 14:15

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thank you. Can you help me with one more favor that finding something for me ? BecauseI am not much good with components . And I can use my old laptop harddrive and battery because they are still good . the problem is with only processor.
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans
    Distro

Oh I see, so all you really need is a processor? I most certainly could look, do you know what the laptop you have is? like the Model at all? Like my Computer is a Compaq SR5250NX. If we know that, it would be easy to find you a Processor for cheap on Ebay. I am sure of it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RadicaX View Post
    Oh I see, so all you really need is a processor?
    It's very rare for a cpu to die, in most cases it's the motherboard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What region of the world are you? Depending on location, the cost of shipping may be more expensive than a cheap alternative!

Do you know of a computer club in the area or anybody working for a corporation that may have a closet of old CPUs that has been swapped with something newer for an employee? That's where I usually get mine.

I haven't bought a computer for myself since 2000, instead has been the lucky recipient of toss-away, corporations trying to unload machines and friends taking pity on me
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbite View Post
    What region of the world are you? Depending on location, the cost of shipping may be more expensive than a cheap alternative!

Do you know of a computer club in the area or anybody working for a corporation that may have a closet of old CPUs that has been swapped with something newer for an employee? That's where I usually get mine.

I haven't bought a computer for myself since 2000, instead has been the lucky recipient of toss-away, corporations trying to unload machines and friends taking pity on me
    +1

If you happen to live near me, I can help you, otherwise it might be easier to get help from someone else. If you don't want to publish your country/region, you can send it in an Ubuntu Forum private message to me and some other persons who offer help.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    It's very rare for a cpu to die, in most cases it's the motherboard.
    And a +1 to you sir. Thank you for adding that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast