Asus ROG G53J display backlight not working
Asus ROG G53J laptop cannot adjust display brightness running Ubuntu 12.04. How do I fix?
Things I tried that failed:
I can now adjust the screen brightness by following these steps:
1. sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
2. add this line just above the 'EndSection', Option "RegistryDwords" "EnableBrightnessControl=1"
3. save the file
4. reboot or restart xorg.
5. install 'xbacklight' with Ubuntu Spftware Centre or Synaptic Package Manager
6. map this command to your preferred keys, I used 'Ctrl+-', xbacklight -dec 10
7. map this command to your preferred keys, I used 'Ctrl++', xbacklight -inc 10
Now I want to know how to map this to the function keys F5 anf F6?
Last edited by SonWon; January 28th, 2014 at 05:46 PM.
Re: Asus ROG G53J display backlight not working
Found the fix, hope this help some in the future:
1) Go to Nvidia settings and save config into xorg.conf (the file will be at /etc/X11)
2) In xorg.conf in the "Device" section for your GPU add (use sudo to edit with your favorite editor)
Option "RegistryDwords" "EnableBrightnessControl=1"
3) restart X and brightness works or reboot
Last edited by SonWon; April 19th, 2014 at 12:14 AM.
Tags for this Thread