I've been having some trouble with my Acer Aspire 5733z recognizing my Intel HD graphics driver.
I've not been able to adjust my brightness prior to installing Ubuntu. I've tried a few different versions, just to make sure that the trouble I was having wasn't just with a particular version of Ubuntu. So far, I've installed Ubuntu, 12.04, 13.04 and 13.10 with absolutely no avail. I've been to the Intel for Linux Graphics page and have installed these packages each time I have tried to install a new version of Ubuntu. I've tried nearly everything I've read in the forums so far and it's not been of much help regarding the issue I've been having. Any help would be very greatly appreciated and welcomed!
Here are the specs, if this is any help.
- Processor Intel Pentium P6200 / 2.13 GHz ( Dual-Core )
- RAM installed size 4.0 GB
- Hard Drive 500.0 GB - Serial ATA-300
- Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Display Type 15.6 in TFT active matrix
- Max Resolution 1366 x 768 ( HD )
- Graphics Processor Intel HD Graphics Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0
- Optical Drive DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM