Thread: Gnome Shell version for Trusty release

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Gnome Shell version for Trusty release

I noticed that OMG Ubuntu said that gnome 3.10 will be available to install in 14.04. Does that mean that ubuntu gnome will ship with 3.8? I know that this week, 3.10 was introduced as the default shell in the daily build. I was just wondering since I have some problems with 3.10 and would like to not move to it until they are resolved.

Beans

Re: Gnome Shell version for Trusty release

Quote Originally Posted by makitso View Post
    I noticed that OMG Ubuntu said that gnome 3.10 will be available to install in 14.04. Does that mean that ubuntu gnome will ship with 3.8? I know that this week, 3.10 was introduced as the default shell in the daily build. I was just wondering since I have some problems with 3.10 and would like to not move to it until they are resolved.
    The current version is 'gnome-shell 3.10.3-0ubuntu1'.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-gno...-i386.manifest

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ya, the new GNOME is not working at all for me either. Earlier last week I was going back and forth between Unity Desktop and GNOME Desktop on one of my 14.04 VM computers and all was fine. After recent updates, windows inside the GNOME Desktop are skewed off the screen, such that I have no access to the "Apply" button to make changes. Then there were further updates and my entire VM returned to the completely useless state of just over a week ago. As of this mornings updates, as least the Unity Desktop is working again.
    Any follow-up information on your issue would be appreciated. Please have the courtesy to report back.

Beans

Other than some of the old 3.8 extensions not working with 3.10 I've been really happy