Thread: 14.04 LTS Question

Beans

Question 14.04 LTS Question

So, the new Tahr upgrade will be coming this April, and its also an LTS. LTS recives updates to security and bug fixes. Do these updates also include updates to applications installed on the OS such as LibreOffice, Thunderbird, Firefox, gedit, ect... That way, I still keep the most recent features with my applications while at the same time not needing to upgrade Ubuntu?

~Cmiller

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: 14.04 LTS Question

Quote Originally Posted by ccmiller12 View Post
    So, the new Tahr upgrade will be coming this April, and its also an LTS. LTS recives updates to security and bug fixes. Do these updates also include updates to applications installed on the OS such as LibreOffice, Thunderbird, Firefox, gedit, ect... That way, I still keep the most recent features with my applications while at the same time not needing to upgrade Ubuntu?

~Cmiller
    you will need to add PPA for some of the applications to keep automaticly updating them to latest version while still using the LTS. while certains ones will get updated automaticly (i think firefox is one of them).
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

question from myself too,, can i upgrade from 13.10 to 14.04 LTS , or do i have to do a frsh install?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

You can always try to do an upgrade, but be prepared that they don't always work as intended. Might need to erase it all and do a fresh install if something goes wrong.

If you have some spare partitions you could install 14.04 in a dual boot with 13.10.
    About problems due to upgrading
    Bringing old hardware back to life.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts