Xubuntu 12.04 LTS
I have ran a few outputs, I am wondering if this is the cause to my issues.
- sudo blkid | grep swap
- /dev/mapper/cryptswap1: UUID="0876b988-0180-442a-8671-2f25fd37e672" TYPE="swap"
- ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/0876b988-0180-442a-8671-2f25fd37e672
- lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Jan 19 23:03 /dev/disk/by-uuid/0876b988-0180-442a-8671-2f25fd37e672 -> ../../dm-0
my /etc/fstab shows
I am wondering if the issue I am facing is due to the fact that the link between the swap is not accurately, made. (within /etc/fstab)
- # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
- proc /proc proc nodev,noexec,nosuid 0 0
- # / was on /dev/sda5 during installation
- UUID=331d6d2c-2d1d-48e1-ad62-4e14993a393c / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
- # swap was on /dev/sda6 during installation
- #UUID=05aa896f-0f12-4b8b-a410-01f33a7f44ef none swap sw 0 0
- /dev/mapper/cryptswap1 none swap sw 0 0
Going on IRC I was given this advice [within #ubuntu-offtopic]:
I'm pretty sure cryptswap recreates the swap partition on each boot. I could be wrong. Probably am. Usually am.
...does the above make any sense?
because it's taking longer than normal,because it's wiping swap and that's not normal. it's working fine, just keeps triggering a timeout.
Thus I am left more confused, plus with plenty of questions such as:
- is my swap encrypted? (Running the commands, and looking at outputs, suggest that it is, or it is not being linked properly)
- is my OS loading the encrypted swap? or is it loading some other swap after the time out?
- is their a way of fixing/amending this issue?
- is it fine to leave this issue as it is, if my system functions normally?
/dev/mapper/cryptswap1: UUID="0876b988-0180-442a-8671-2f25fd37e672" TYPE="swap"
cryptswap1 /dev/sda6 /dev/urandom swap,cipher=aes-cbc-essiv:sha256
Running commands, from tutorials...suggest that my swap is in fact encrypted, I just want to double check and confirm as I personally am confused...if any of the above makes sense.
I also notice I am not the only individual having these issues, perhaps this guide will help someone in the future, who is also wondering what this message is about....I cannot seem to find a single up-to-date validated guide.
Outdated References / Guides I have already looked at:
Ubuntu Forum Reference 1: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2071617
Ubuntu Forum Reference 2: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1943899
Ubuntu Bug Report : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...p/+bug/1037703
AskUbuntu Reference: http://askubuntu.com/questions/33262...t-ready-yet-or
Thanks in advance, Ubuntu Community!