Thread: Logitech wireless M510 mouse stuck sending key strokes to ASUS laptop

Beans

Logitech wireless M510 mouse stuck sending key strokes to ASUS laptop

Hello All,

I have ASUS x201e DH01 with Ubuntu 12.04. I tried to use a Logitech wireless mouse M510 which works fine in Windows 7.

However as soon as I plug in the USB receiver, the terminal (or any other app like browser) repeatedly receives '+' and Return keyboard events.

The mouse is responsive to motion and clicks but in addition it goes bonkers and sends these keyboard events.

Anyone had this issue?

thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Logitech wireless M510 mouse stuck sending key strokes to ASUS laptop

Have you checked your laptop's keyboard yet? Considering the problem you mentioned in your other thread, it may be possible that one of your keyboard keys have stuck, causing all the wierdness.

I have personally used a wireless keyboard/mouse (2.4 GHz Wifi link) on my Asus X54C with Ubuntu 12.04 (kernel 3.2.0-36), and it worked flawlessly.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags
    Am I not replying you? Perhaps this is why.

Beans

Re: Logitech wireless M510 mouse stuck sending key strokes to ASUS laptop

Hi Varun, My keyboard on laptop is fine. I tried to use the wireless mouse when my touchpad was going bonkers.

Apparently after connecting an external monitor after laptop has booted up, making some changes via CompizConfig settings manager and using Synaptiks to configure the synaptics driver settings I am now operational again.

Even the wireless mouse is now working fine without sending keyevents. Maybe it was some interplay between the CompizConfig settings? I am not sure.

thanks