Thread: Wine and .NET (mono)

Beans

Wine and .NET (mono)

'evening.

I'm having trouble running a program which requires .NET framework. I installed the .msi using Wine, and then I tried running it with mono
    Code:
    mono program.exe
    However, this is the output. For security reasons, I need to redact the program name, but I think any meaningful information will be here:

Code:
    Missing method .ctor in assembly /home/aesclepius/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/MYPROGRAM/MYPROGRAM_SUBFOLDER/MYPROGRAM.exe, type System.Windows.ThemeInfoAttribute
    Can't find custom attr constructor image: /home/aesclepius/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/MYPROGRAM/MYPROGRAM_SUBFOLDER/MYPROGRAM.exe mtoken: 0x0a000010

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'PresentationFramework, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'PresentationFramework, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'PresentationFramework, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'PresentationFramework, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
    Not sure if anyone here is experienced with running .NET programs on Linux, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

EDIT: Posting the output of "mono --version"
    Code:
    aesclepius@Sera:~$ mono --version
    Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.8.1 (Debian 2.10.8.1-5ubuntu1)
    Copyright (C) 2002-2011 Novell, Inc, Xamarin, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
        TLS:           __thread
        SIGSEGV:       altstack
        Notifications: epoll
        Architecture:  x86
        Disabled:      none
        Misc:          softdebug 
        LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
        GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)
    Last edited by Elastic_Potential; January 18th, 2014 at 05:30 AM.

Beans

Re: Wine and .NET (mono)

Have linked the WineHQ web page regarding .Net -- perhaps you can find some useful info for the version you're trying to use: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=2586
    Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17; MS Win 8.1.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

I couldn't get this to work :\ Here's what happened when I tried installing .NET 4.0; I even tried upgrading MONO by building the recent stable version (it took like an hour), and it just gave me a similar error.

Running it in a Windows 7 virtual environment via Virtualbox works fine, however. It's not the most recource-efficient solution, but it will do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I can't be certain but this line has me wondering something. I think the program you are attempting to run uses WPF due to this error:

File name: 'PresentationFramework'

If that is the case, mono doesn't support WPF to the best of my knowledge. I could be wrong however.