Thread: Is DOTA2 or Dungeon Defenders a Co-Op game?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Is DOTA2 or Dungeon Defenders a Co-Op game?

I have many friends who have been into PC gaming for a long time. I am just now getting into PC Linux Gaming and we are all trying to find games that we can play together. I obviously know about TF2 and L4D2 but I am curious about other games that are co-op mode or multiplayer where we could at least join each others games and hopefully be on each others teams. What does everyone suggest for games that are good for playing WITH friends? Don't have to be FPS as I am open to learning new game types but FPS is what I mostly play on XBox 360 Console. I wish i could Borderlands in linux with my windows friends.

I definitely like it now how i can play L4D2 and TF2 with my windows gaming friends.

Beans

Re: Is DOTA2 or Dungeon Defenders a Co-Op game?

I don't know about Dungeon Defenders, but Dota2 is definitely a good co-op game, as it relies very much on good teamwork, something that often is not found in public matchmaking. It also requires a bit of practice, and there's a short (or not-so-short) tutorial at the beginning that is compulsory for all new players (but not the whole tutorial, just the first few stages). You'll always be up with your friends against other players (or bots) if you join a matchmaking "party," or you can create a private lobby and go up against your friends (or co-op with them against bots, if you want).

Also, as implied by this thread http://forums.dungeondefenders2.com/...ead.php?110763, DD is a fairly good co-op game.

Oh, Guns of Icarus Online is a good one!

I don't play many co-op games besides dota2, but there's a list of them here: http://www.lgdb.org/category/game_modes/cooperative

And, if not satisified, Google (or the search engine of your choice) is also an excellent tool for finding new games!
    Last edited by spencer the great; January 19th, 2014 at 07:25 AM. Reason: grammar fix

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

some older ones: Doom 3 with a coop mod, Unreal Tournament 2004, Urban terror, smoking guns, world of padman. return to castle wolfenstein has a coop mod that works quite well.quake 4 also has coop mod.

there are some windows games that work well via wine (especially some older ones), like diablo 2, counter strike...

if you dont' midn some older ones - quake 2, heretic 2, doom/hexen/heretic (with enhanced graphics..), wolfenssteind 3D remake, hexen 2 and it's remake/mod...
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

found trine 2 and loving it so far!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Dungeon Defenders is a co-op game. It's a tower defense type game. You and a friend are able to play on the same map at the same time and are both able to place defences and fight the bad guys and all that. It's a pretty decent game.
    Registered Linux User # 451883 - Registered Ubuntu User # 16711