Thread: Quality products and support system76

Beans

Quality products and support system76

I want to warn people planning to buy products sistem76 . Before making a purchase , think .

I bought Galago ultra pro, paid more than $ 1200. I thought that get a good , fully functional device. But it was not so . I got problems with the wifi, which was not able to solve , and broken microphone, make it work that I also could not.
    The problem with the microphone , judging by the posts on this forum is not only for me, but the decision has not been found.
    My post about unhealthy wifi support ignored .

Therefore, I want to advise those who doubt sistem76 buy products or not: better pay attention to the other manufacturers. Sistem76 quality / price ratio is clearly overstates. For the money you can buy other good things , running Linux . For example , Dell xps13.

P.S. I am sorry for my bad english.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Quality products and support system76

With any PC there are lemons, so you're saying this is a common problem with these devices? Have you made any contact with system76 regarding the issue? I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help you out.
    Where's [slooksterpsv] been? - I had Catastrophic partition alignment failure. I lost 90%+ of my data, and just now got it back fixed and working.

Beans

I have my system76 laptop, and have had no issues. I;d say your case is just an outlier.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Definately contact customer support. Sounds like you're still under waranty, make us of it.
    I haven't had a single problem with my Lemur Ultra and it's nearly 2 years old.

Beans

I've had my Serval Professional laptop for 2½ years. The one time so far that I've had a problem (the screen died on me), I sent it back to System76, and they replaced it without any fuss. So far, they have been extremely helpful and knowledgable when I contact them. They're a small business, and rely on word-of-mouth and a good reputation to grow and maintain their business. If I were you, I'd give them a call and talk to them about your issues. They also have a really nice support system set up online. The person above me linked to their online support page.

Quote Originally Posted by joe4ska View Post

Beans

No problems with my Galago Ultrapro here.

Beans

The one time I had a hardware problem (the battery was dying), System76 customer service handled it promptly and to my satisfaction.

Beans

Hi Guys
    I'm agree with Kovalev32... ""System76 quality / price ratio is clearly overstates""

in my experience.. I bought Gazelle 8 pro 16Gram, paid more than US$ 1300, and never run more stable than my old HP 530 dualcore with 10.04.lts, this gazp8 is very very slowly when starting have a delay more 3 minutes to be operational.....
    I think so System76 support should test better yours product!!!! and actually Lenovo is better option!!!

Beans

I purchased some time ago I bought a meerkat desktop which is based on a ATOM Intel motherboard. It is still working and no hardware failures that I can determine. Most problems have to do with the almost daily updates. Sometimes the updates cause problems. Concerning technical support, during the warranty period they were all ways very helpful. Not so much after the warranty period expires. The technical support seems to be mostly applicable to software support. They could not offer any information on using the the hardware associated with the mother board. In this case I was looking into using the additional serial ports built in the mother board. Technical support was unable to discuss anything about that. When I purchased the PC I wanted to switch to Linux and wanted to purchase from a hardware configured vendor based PC. I was disappointed in that area. I can get that kind of support at the big box stores that market Windows based machines. To be honest, I don't think there are any re-sellers can go into that amount of detail. Even Dell is a little shy on this level of support. That said, System 76 is able to support the pre-loaded Linux (Ubuntu) PC's they market