Thread: How do I put Win8 on Ubuntu virtualbox with pre installed Win8? READ WHY I HAVE TO

Beans

How do I put Win8 on Ubuntu virtualbox with pre installed Win8? READ WHY I HAVE TO

I'm trying to use a virtualbox for windows 8 on ubuntu 13.10 since windows 8 basically blocked all access to me, support said it just happens randomly, so how do I do this? Explain to me as you would to an idiot haha. I need to do it so I can use ppsspp right with my ps3 usb controller, I use ppsspp since I lost my psp's charger. Also for itunes

Please help and I'll give a cookie.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: How do I put Win8 on Ubuntu virtualbox with pre installed Win8? READ WHY I HAVE T

As far as I know that isn't possible because the key for Win8 is stored in UEFI, and not accessible to the user.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: How do I put Win8 on Ubuntu virtualbox with pre installed Win8? READ WHY I HAVE T

I put Win 7 on my system in Virtual Box that came originally with win 7 but I have had Ubuntu as the only OS for years. I couldn't activate with key but the phone option worked for me by selecting the talk to a representative option. I know win 8 is different but I explained what I was doing and he worked it out. Worth a try.