Thread: Xubuntu installation problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Xubuntu installation problem

I downloaded Xubuntu 13.10 to evaluate on an old Dell Dimension 3000 machine I have for testing purposes. I see that 13.10 is too large to burn to a CD so I burned the image to a DVD. For some strange reason, my Dell will not boot from a DVD disk. It will boot all other versions of Ubuntu I have on CD but not Xubuntu 13.10 on DVD. I tested the DVD on a newer homebuilt PC I have and it boots from the DVD no problem. Next I researched booting from a USB stick. I followed the steps https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick"]here[/URL] , modified my BIOS to boot from USB and it tries to boot but only ends up displaying a flashing cursor. I have tried to locate Xubuntu 12.04 LTS but I cannot find it. I thought I would try it since it will install on a CD. I need some help, please, either to locate 12.04 or a solution for the boot failures on USB and DVD. Further, visiting the Xubuntu page to download 12.04 directs to 13.10 download., so that didn't work out. Any assistance/advice is appreciated!
    Are we having fun yet?

Beans

Re: Xubuntu installation problem

You can get Xubuntu 12.04.3 here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/re....04.3/release/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thank you! I will download it today. I also solved my problem with LiLi USB Creator. I now have 13.10 installed on my old Dell.
    Are we having fun yet?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

So effectively this thread is solved? If so, please mark it as such by following the instructions in my signature.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Done.
    Are we having fun yet?