Thread: AAO A110 Netbook accelerated graphics drivers for Ubuntu 13.10??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

AAO A110 Netbook accelerated graphics drivers for Ubuntu 13.10??

So where can I find some Intel Accelerated Graphic Drivers for my Acer Aspire One ZG5 A110 to bump the video graphics memory up from it's current 8MB to the 244MB that I read about? Thanks.
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Beans
    Distro

Re: AAO A110 Netbook accelerated graphics drivers for Ubuntu 13.10??

Ok, just in case ya'll don't understand what I'm looking for here's a link to the article I read about upgrading the Acer Aspire One.
    http://www.virtualsecrets.com/acer-a...e-netbook.html
    Scroll down about half way and you'll find this:
    "I was not impressed with the 8MB integrated graphics card memory size. That proved to be a short-lived problem...after I installed the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile (Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family) - driver version 6.14.10.4926 - the available graphics memory went from 8MB to 224MB! That is what I like to see."
    This is what I'm looking for only for Linux(i.e. Ubuntu) and not Windows. Anyone?

Beans

First, there are no driver to install. All linux intel graphics driver are open source only and are a deep integrated part of the stack, from the kernel to mesa; I'd say that to update those with latest and gratest( and probably betas) software is of medium difficulty, but very hard to fix in case problem arises. Lucky for you, the ram you seek is already there; The driver/bios(not sure which) automatically increases or decreases the amount of ram the gpu can use depending on the case, from a 8mb minimum (or you wouldn't be able to see the bios splash screen/grub/whatever loading bootloard you have) to the standard 40-50 normally required to do the job in case of a compositing window manager, up to those 224 should a program ever require them.

Beans
    Distro

So basically what you're saying is that the amount of RAM used for video is automatic depending on the needs of the system. That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

Beans

Intel calls it DVMT (Dynamic video memory technology): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVMT

Please mark thread solved.