Thread: account recovery

Beans

account recovery

Hi

I've used this account previously: http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=619255

First of all: Yes, I've read the stickies but I'm still confused. I'm unsure about the state of my accounts and what I've to do to use/get my (forum-)account as I haven' used it/them for some time and/or what address I've used/I'm using (to register).

1. It would be much appreciated if you'd help me out to get/use my old account (back?).
    2. Once that is done, are the other "old" accounts (postings, etc.) that I've used (Ubuntu One, Launchpad) gone/disconnected and/or can I use/retrieve them seperately?

Again, your support is much appreciated

cheers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: account recovery

assuming spamhier in an e-mail address means something to you - set login.ubuntu.com to that mail address - set it as preferred. Let us know when that's been done here. Then we can deal with account association and you'll be able to login to your old account.

All of your old posts etc are still there.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    set login.ubuntu.com to that mail address - set it as preferred.
    Let us know when that's been done here.
    I've set above mentioned email-addy as the preferred one in that account - correct?

I noticed that Ubuntu One has taken over the username that I used in Launchpad ("Ben"). I wouldn't mind using that name one for my forum account too but I don't mind using the old ("ATSC") one either.

Thanks you for your support.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

I've disassociated this account from Ubuntu One. If you log out and in again, and so long as you have set the correct email as preferred in Ubuntu One, you will log into the ATSC account. And your username will, of course, be ATSC.

There is already a forum account with the username Ben and over 400 with Bensomething. Not surprising when we have not far off 1.9 million accounts!
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    And your username will, of course, be ATSC.
    This is what I get when I try to log in. Would that be correct?

ubuntu Forums has requested some personal information, please choose what you would like to share:
    Full name: Ben
    Username: keinspamhier

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

No, that would be another duplicate. robert_steinmann got re-associated. I removed it again.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Quote Originally Posted by robert_steinmann View Post
    This is what I get when I try to log in. Would that be correct?
    If you have an old forum account that predates SSO login, the Ubuntu One Full Name and username are irrelevant. You simply have to make sure the email in Ubuntu One and the old forum account match. The old forum account username is retained. Iowan has disassociated this account from Ubuntu One again. Set the gmail that is registered to the ATSC account as preferred in Ubuntu One and everything else should follow.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.