Thread: Almost all add-ons lost trying to install flah player

Beans

Unhappy Almost all add-ons lost trying to install flah player

I have follow each step in the readme file from te FlashPlayer .tar.gz file and now I've lost all my add-ons instead of getting me one more !
    I'm still running on ubuntu 9.04 jaunty because newer systems run too slow on my old PC .

Please can anybody help me restore my add-ons ?
    Last edited by Hankbonk; December 17th, 2014 at 02:26 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Almost all add-ons lost trying to install flah player

For 'Security' concerns you must NOT use 'eol' version like 9.04. Perhaps you must try the latest version of Xubuntu or Lubuntu as they are faster than the Ubuntu because they need a lot less system resources to run than Ubuntu.

I am not sure how to get those lost addons for firefox back, but re-adding them back.
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by fantab View Post
    For 'Security' concerns you must NOT use 'eol' version like 9.04. Perhaps you must try the latest version of Xubuntu or Lubuntu as they are faster than the Ubuntu because they need a lot less system resources to run than Ubuntu.

I am not sure how to get those lost addons for firefox back, but re-adding them back.
    +1. I suggest Xubuntu 12.04.

Xubuntu 14.04, coming in a short time (April) also looks extremely good, even though it is still in alpha stage.

What hardware do you have? There are still some CPUs around that will not run the latest flash version 11.2, and need 11.1 to get anywhere; some Athlon and Sempron CPUs are the problem, and if this is your situation come back again and I'll try to help you.

As for the various add-ons for FF, I'm afraid that you will need to re-install them, but it should be a quick job, and you may find that the configuration for them all is still in your FF profile.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Hankbonk, you are opening a lot of threads regarding this old hardware. Please begin with linking to your other thread so people know from the start which kind of iron we are dealing with.
    About problems due to upgrading
    Bringing old hardware back to life.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Hankbonk View Post
    Please can anybody help me restore my add-ons ?
    They may be lost, but probably not gone. When you start the Add-ons manager from the menu (or Ctrl+Shift+A) you only see one category, such as "Plugins" (Shockwave Flash is a Plugin). Also check the "Extensions" and "Appearance" sections in the manager.